Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 final posting ....

Playing golf and blogging about it has been equally satisfying in 2005. I have managed to improve my swing and reduced my handicapp to NHS (Malaysian Golf Association : National Handicapp System ) index 9.1 . Driving distance have greatly improved from 180m average to 210m. Accuracy of driving , since I have acquired the Maruman Exim Nano II has improved tremendously. Hitting on average 12 out of 14 fairways in 18 holes round. With the new grip by Golf Pride (pictures and comment in this LINK ) my iron shots are begining to make my approach accurate and enjoyable.
Sticking to the old putter Ping Pal 4 and shaping up my putting routinehas helped me on the green. Instead of buying a new putter , with my new putting routine , I have been able to reduce my putting average to no more that 2 putts per green. And the picture is the living prove how I have improve my putting skills. Yes , my dear Hanie is my new mentor in putting. It sort of gives me a new perspective on how to make a good putt. But with my dearest Hanie helping me out on the practise green , I have been able to spend quality hours with dearest Hanie.
Blogging about golf per say has its ups and downs. I have make comments and photo blogs. Some folks out there make positive remarks and some well , you can't win them all , right. From the early days , I have encounter new blogging skills , making new graphics , adding some cool features and not to forget some useless features as well. Make new frens within the country and some from the other part of the world. One gentlemen by the name of Onn is one nice chap. A true gentlemen and a true golfer. You can never make war with this old chap. At retirement age , he is still an active golfer with a nice swing. At times he grumbles alot about his swing and when he makes that shot , we never fails to congratulate him.
At time I look up to this chap for advice on golf and on life. I wish him all the best in 2006 and am sure he will post some good scores next year. On the blog met some golfers whom I have yet to meet up and play golf together. Zed , one chap who never fails to entertain fellow bloggers. Although until todate , I have to visualise how tall is he or how well is he with his golf swings. 2006 will be a bit challenging. Hoping to get involve with new assignment . Of which , still in between two minds and have not decided which way to go. Hoping I could make that extra bucks so that I can give my dearest another long due holiday. But the pictures of bridges in Amsterdam reminded me of those lovely time I had with my dearest Zalita. Which reminded me of how lucky I am to have her in my life. She has been a true companion and a wife who understands her husband passion on golf. I don't have to make excuses to play golf and I ended up making sure enough quality time are shared between golf and family. For those who are still struglling with your partner at home , better take your time and explain it to her.

So 2005 in summary , best score is only 84. Best 9 hole scores is still 39. Longest drive this year would be hitting a good drive on hole 15th KGM and left with only 90m to the green. Its a par 4 , 399m length. Well you may guess , how far the balls goes on that drive.Anyway we were playing the white tee which was only 376m. Still , a long drive by any standard , right ? Has not played much outside Miri. KLGCC , Nilai Spring , Kinrara , Perangsang Templer , Pantai Mentiri, Labuan and Eastwood.

2006 , will be challenging and I do hope will bring much more golf to me . And last but not least , surely hoping it will a wonderful year for all fellow golfers and bloggers , wherever you may be.

3 comments:

Zed said...

heh heh not how tall brader, how short! as for the game, phew ini macam have to ask many strokes already! i shall try to bring my game down to the mid-80's lah. now averaging 5 to 8 pars, but banyak blow into the triple bogeys. i think too aggresive, and the betting is not helping also lah.

happy new year Jack, and I look forward to our game.

Cheers.

p/s
Say hi to the family... and hope ur having fun with the new addition to the family =)

Jack Golf Addix said...

eeerrrr forgot to mention abt Alya and Alysha. me indeed hvg fun with alya midnite chorus....

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I was browsing for information on golf cart accessory when I came acrosss your site, I sure enjoyed the read.
Its amazing what you find whilst you are browsing.
I hope to come back again.
Keep up the good work.

Regards
golf cart accessory