Monday, January 15, 2007

Out on your own...

I had a tough few weeks due to the fact that a colleague left for an overseas assignment and his unfinished shots are left on my desk. Not enuf trying to sort out the current portfolio , the additional portfolios are keeping me wide awake. Within those big stacks of steels, an old fren drops a line. At times I wonder how many of all those old frens have I called over the years. And most of the time I am guilty of not making the effort to call.
Last weekend , Tasik Puteri on Saturday and then another 15holes at Glenmarie. Why 15 holes ? It rains and we decided to finish early right after seeing the big clouds hovering the skies of shah alam. Saturday was not that bad. 86 gross and two stupid double bogey cost me , errr ... we were not putting up any bets for the day. After a couple of bogey and a par on hole 12th, I was trying to make the distance ont the tee at 13th but end up shfting the gears too early and push the ball to the right.
Hit another one and follow it up with a good hit with three wood but still end up in the rough next to the green. Hit a poor chip shot and had to make two putts for a double. Next to the 14th tee , I was trying to think deep why those irons are not adjusting to my swings. Again on a short par 3 , my shot went dead left but lucky enuf not to went into the pond. While the other three golfers are on the green , I had to make a good chip next to the pin just to make the four of us make par on that par 3.
On sunday , the game is purely social golf. Entertaining few frens coming over from Japan and another golfer decided to take time off from his part time MBA classes. Glenmarie was not that tough but the green sitting on top of your shoulders and undulating fairways , makes it a bit frustrating hitting the green short by 10m.
I will be away from the office for two days this week. Not to mention friday is another given public holiday, to replace the rest day on saturday. There will be no golf this weekend. One of our cousin is getting engaged and a frens daugther will be getting married and this time I will try my best to make it. Still can't make the trip back to Johor to visit my parents with the flooding conditions over there is getting worse everyday. How I wish I cud lend all my hands for them.
If you can contribute by all means , do lend a hand or donate anything you can to the nearest donations centres. Till then .... have a good week ahead.

No comments: