Sunday, January 22, 2006

Weekend Golf Jan 22nd

I did not take part in a traditional Festive season based competition at my club yesterday , only simply because I am too tired. After a full 18 hole with some frens from KL , I deserved a break at home with my family. On Sunday morning , the weather was glorious. Perfect for golf except for the last two holes, it rains.
Pic was taken on the fringe on hole 7 , when I did not make a good chip from the right hand side of the fairway , about 30 m away. And the short pitch to the green was even horrible , when I have to make a 10 feet putt to save bogey. The first nine was better than what I have played at the back nine. We started on hole 10 , good tee shot but can't get that second shot going to the green on regulation. Thus I ended up scoring bogey almost for thewhole 9 holes. Secod shot short of the green , then miserable chip to the pin with long putt to par the holes. The driver Maruman Exim Nano II was the only reason why I can make a good shot from the tee. Hitting 14 out of 14 fairway can be a reason to cheer for some pro but not for me simply because I did not make it count with poor second shot to the green. Then things started to go a bit better playing the front nine. With pars on par 4 , 3rd and 4th , par 5 6th and par 3 9th, eventually managed to score 43 for front nine. I will not have to do anything to the putting routine. Except when I am playing at different courses and playing different ball of course.

No comments: